Love Umbria Tours organizes carefully crafted, well balanced Multi-day and Day Tours for discerning travellers, in Umbria and Tuscany.
Thinking of a Classic Sightseeing Vacation, such as our “Highlights of Umbria” Tour? Why not spicing it up and have it coincide with one of the many Summer Festivals and Concerts? Umbria and Tuscany are famous for great cultural events. You might have heard of Perugia’s Umbria Jazz, Spoleto Festival, Lucca Summer Festival or Festival Puccini, just to mention a few.
Walking Tours, such as our “Walking the Umbrian Valley“, are a great way to soak up the unique atmosphere of Italian hilltop towns and villages. Travelling at a slow pace, you’ll visit Spoleto, Trevi, Spello and Assisi.
Food and Wine enthusiasts are also well catered for, with exclusive Winery visits, Foraging and Farm to Table Tours. They’ll simply love our “Wines and Towns of Umbria“, “Truffle Hunting Weekends” and our fun and informative “Italian Cooking Classes“.
Guided Walking Tours are also a great way to soak up the unique atmosphere of Italian cities: Assisi, Spoleto, Spello, Orvieto and Perugia, in Umbria. Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Lucca in Tuscany and of course Rome, the eternal city.
Food and Wine Tours in Montalcino, Montepulciano, Montefalco and Orvieto; Italian Cooking Lessons with professional Chefs or expert home cooks; Truffle Hunting Excursions in the forests of central Italy.
So get in touch today – we look forward to hearing from you!
- Travel from Spoleto to Assisi through the beautiful Umbrian countryside;
- Visit some of the region’s prettiest medieval towns and villages;
- Guided and self-guided options available.
- See the most beautiful sights of historical Umbria;
- Sample the delicious Umbrian food and wines;
- Visit the towns of Assisi, Orvieto, Spoleto, Perugia and Norcia.
- Learn about the wines of Umbria considered to be among Italy’s finest;
- Visit selected wine cellars for private tastings of Umbrian wines;
- Visit the charming towns of Assisi, Orvieto, Montefalco and Bevagna;
- Sample local goat cheese and wine at a small Farm near Orvieto;
- Roll up your sleeves for a rustic, Umbrian Cooking Lesson;
- Go Truffle Hunting in the mountains and see the truffle dogs at work.
- Join a local truffle hunter on his daily truffle hunt;
- Enjoy a lunch of truffle-based dishes;
- Watch the truffle hunting dogs in action.
- Forage and cook wild, edible plants;
- Make wine (the traditional way...barefoot!);
- Milk goats and make mozzarella and ricotta cheese.
- Take an Italian Cooking Lesson with a professional chef in Bevagna;
- Travel through the vineyards and visit carefully selected wineries around Montefalco;
- Sample the wines of Montefalco at private tastings.
- Visit the wineries and vineyards of famous wine-producing areas, such as Montefalco, Bevagna, Torgiano, Orvieto, Todi, Spoleto and Trasimeno;
- Sample and compare wines from different producers;
- Discover the interesting history of the native Sagrantino grape and be surprised by new varieties and eclectic styles.
- Visit Assisi’s famous Basilica of St.Francis, one of Italy's most visited churches;
- Admire beautiful, medieval piazzas and alleys;
- Soak in the atmosphere of one of Italy’s most important pilgrimage sites, only second to Rome.
- Visit the Duomo, one of Italy’s greatest cathedrals and the Baptistery doors;
- Admire beautiful Piazza della Signoria;
- Visit the Accademia Gallery to see some of Michelangelo's masterpieces, such as his David
- Visit the Colosseum, Roman Forum and walk on the Palatine Hill;
- Explore some of the highlights of the city center (such as the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Pantheon);
- Visit some of Rome's most peculiar sites, such as the Mouth of the Truth, the Key Hole and the Bones' Church.
- See Bevagna's famous wash-house by the Clitunno river;
- Visit the romanesque churches of San Michele Arcangelo and San Silvestro;
- Admire Montefalco's intact Medieval Walls and Gates;
- Enjoy a wonderful excursion on horseback or horse drawn carriage;
- Stop for an Umbrian picnic or rustic meal at a Farm in the countryside;
- Enjoy a unique ride among the vineyards, followed by private tastings at small, organic Wineries.
- Always be assisted by fully qualified and licensed professionals;
- Join activities that are suited to your age and skills;
- Share unforgettable moments with your friends and family.
- Enjoy an active day out, with one of our expert English speaking, local guides or independently, with the help of Love Umbria's detailed road maps;
- Enjoy a picnic lunch of Umbrian specialties in the countryside;
- Explore Umbria's villages, tranquil meadows, woods and olive groves.
- Stop off at wineries and sample the native Sagrantino wine;
- Enjoy the picturesque countryside and pretty hilltop towns;
- Take a leisurely walk or gentle cycle through the vineyards around Montefalco and Bevagna.